Benefits of Salsa shoes | Our recommendations
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Clement
Benefits of Salsa shoes and our Recommendations
Bombshell Chiara looking pretty happy in her Amazonia salsa shoes & fan tassel
Now you are probably wondering how to choose the best salsa dance shoes for your need, which are the criterias and finally what are ou best recommendations?
Well, good news, we got everything for you resumed in our latest video bellow:
Why do you need Salsa dance shoes?
Salsa dancing shoes are an essential tool for dancers! This is not just an accessory but one of the most essential and lifesaver product during your dance journey. It will:
- Improve your spins and help you turn faster and better
- Reduce the risk of injuries, including knees injuries and Plantar Fasciitis
- It will make you look amazing!
Check our more detailed article about the advantages of a pair of good dance shoes!
What to consider when buying dance shoes?
Type of Sole: Suede sole or rubber sole dance shoes?
Suede sole are only used indoor. Their soft material will help you spin effortless, redoing the friction between your salsa shoes and the dancefloor. However, it is a very delicate material and can not be worn outdoor.
If you know you will use your shoes to go in a dance studio and also go outdoor social dancing, we would recommend you to use Rubber Sole. Read more if Dance shoes can be resoled here.
Type of Heel shape for salsa shoes.
There is three main heels shape:
- Cuban Heels
- Flared Heels
- Straight stiletto Heels
They all have different use.
- Cuban heel is a low and thick heel, generally around 3.5cm height and extremely thick. They are often use for ballroom dancing for older people that lack a bit of stability. They are also great for absolute beginners who are not used to walk in heels!
- Flared Heels dance shoes are the next one up. The flare shape of the heel will give you a much more stylish look, while still having a considerable heel surface on the floor. Those one are highly recommended for beginners that are used to walk in heel! We highly recommend to start with a 7cm heel height
- Straight Stiletto Heels. Those one are for fierce dancers. Usually extremely popular for heels dance classes , kizomba and bachata. They require a much better ability to walk and dance in heels!
Heel Height for salsa shoes
Heels height depends really on your ability to walk with heels overall!
We would say:
Absolute beginners 5cm cuban heels if no experience walking in heels
Absolute beginners that are used to walk in heels: 7cm flared heels
Improvers to advance 8.5cm flared heels
Do you have a guide with heels size, height and shape for salsa shoes and Latin dance shoes?
Yes, we do! Here is our Heel height and shape guide!
What are your salsa shoes recommendations?
We have so many, but here are some of our absolute favourite!
Also check our señorita shoes
Here is our recommendation for a DANCE SNEAKERS that would be great for Dance lessons
Latin Dance Shoes Australia – Salsa Shoes
Here at Latin dance Shoes Australia, you will find a unique combination of sexy yet comfortable heels. Our collection of heels range from vibrant, colourful African inspired fashions to edgy killer heels. Their unique designs ensure that you’ll be on your feet all day (or night!) without the pain!
We also have a range of gorgeous unique accessories to go with your shoes. Send us an email if you have any questions, or give us a phone call!
Related articles for salsa shoes
Looking for some latin dance classes?
Join us at https://passada.com.au
Lessons in a professional but FUN & relaxed setting with friendly qualified instructors
Firstly, Dancing is supposed to be fun! Therefore, If you’ve always wanted to learn how to dance but have found it to be intimidating, then it’s high time you join us. Simply walk in through our doors and we’ll have someone waiting there for you with warm and welcoming smiles. Overall, when you join our dance classes, we make sure that you’ll feel at home, and it may even feel like you’ve known us for years!
Overall, you don’t just learn steps and moves. Indeed, it’s not just steps; it’s also about offering a cultural experience. You will learn the dance PLUS a bit about the culture from which the dance derives.
Frequently Asked questions
What should a beginner wear for salsa dance classes and salsa training?
Anything comfortable! Jean, t shirt for the guys and leggings for women. Without forgetting the most important element: Dance Shoes. This will help you spin better, while reducing the risk of injuries while learning your new dance moves!
Do you spin in Salsa?
Yes, absolutely! In portorican salsa(also called Puerto Rican salsa), spins are one of the most recurring element. It can be a simple spin, double spin, cross body lead and spin, or a multiple spin. Learning proper salsa spin technique is one of the most important skill you will need to learn!
How many days does it takes to learn salsa?
Generally, in 3 month you will be able to learn the basics of salsa. This imply that you go regularly to a reputable dance studio with high skill salsa teachers AND apply everything you learn in a social practice environment!
How difficult is it to learn salsa?
It can be difficult to learn salsa, but with the right instruction, it is definitely possible. In fact, many people learn it quickly and enjoy the dance immensely. Here are a few tips that can help you learn salsa quickly and easily:
1. Take classes – If you want to learn salsa in a structured environment where you will be taught by experts, then classes are definitely the way to go. Not only will you get proper instruction and practice, but you will also have a social environment that will help you make friends and connections with other dancers.
2. Listen to salsa music – One of the best ways to learn any new skill is by listening to music that is specifically designed for that skill. This way, you are not only learning the steps, but also the rhythm and melody of the song. Plus, salsa music is always fun!
3. Watch salsa videos – Just like with any other topic, if you want to learn more about something than just reading about it, watch videos about it. Not only will watching videos help you understand the specifics better, but it can also help ignite your interest in learning more about the topic at hand.
Here are some of our video to learn salsa!
Salsa is definitely a dance that can be learned quickly and enjoyed immensely! With the right instruction and practice, anyone can become a good dancer!
Check some of our salsa students:
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Clement Salsa Dance Shoes Perth Colours of W A K A N D A 💛🖤❤️💜💙💚 which is your favourite? #Paxiao (left) #Luanda (middle) or #Marrakesh (right)? I think I’ll take them all 🤔. Salsa Dance Shoes Perth Shop the Wakanda 🙅🏾 range at 👇🏾. 💻 https://latindanceshoes.com.au About Latin...
Last Updated on December 11, 2023 by Clement Salsa Shoes New salsa shoes Just landed!!! Ay ay ay ROSITA ! Every girl needs a pair of red shoes !The ROSITA is slender & sleek but the T-BAR , thicker material across the toes, arch and ankle straps will give your tootsies the support they need...